Daisy Duke was portrayed by Jessica Simpson in the 2005 The Dukes of Hazzard film .
- Film critics panned Simpson's performance, claiming that her portrayal had little in common with the character Catherine Bach created, and that she was merely cast because of her celebrity status.
- Daisy's costume was slightly modified for the film to make her more overtly sexual:
- Her Daisy Dukes were shorter than they were on the original series.
- Her shirts showed much more cleavage than Bach's ever did.
- She also didn't wear pantyhose under her shorts, going bare legged in the film.
- Another major difference in her appearance was that Simpson's hair remained blonde, whereas Bach's was brunette. Simpson did, however, wear a brunette wig as a disguise during the film.
|Characters from "The Dukes of Hazzard" film|
|Bo Duke - Luke Duke - Daisy Duke - Jesse Duke - Boss Hogg - Rosco Purvis Coltrane - Enos Strate - Cooter Davenport|